Hot Buttered Rum Mix
- 1 Cup Salted Butter
- 1-1/4 Cups Demerara Sugar Can substitute golden brown sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Maple Syrup Use real syrup if you can
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract Real is best if possible
- 2 Teaspoons Cinnamon
- 2 Teaspoons Ground Nutmeg Fresh grated if you have it
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cloves
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Allspice
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Ginger 1 inch of grated fresh ginger works too
- Cream the butter until soft and fluffy in a medium bowl.
- Add sugar, maple syrup and vanilla and beat to combine until smooth.
- Mix in spices.
- Place a tablespoon in a mug with about an ounce (adjust to taste) and top with hot water. Stir
- Store in an air-tight container and and enjoy yourself or share with your friends.
- Adjust or add the spices that fit your palate. Mace and cardamom or other interesting spices to use.
- Amp up the spice by using spiced rum. I find a darker rum works the best here although Lambs Palm Breeze was always a family favourite.
- A lovely warming beverage even without the rum.